RELEASED JULY 27, 2018
eHealth Ontario and Medical Laboratories of Windsor are working together to implement Ontario Laboratories Information System (OLIS) for Laboratory reports.
OLIS is a system that connects hospitals, community laboratories, public health laboratories and practitioners to facilitate the secure, electronic exchange of laboratory test results.
As a province-wide, integrated repository of tests and results, OLIS contributes to fundamental improvements in patient care by providing practitioners with timely access to information that is needed at the time of clinical decision making.
In partnership with OntarioMD, eHealth Ontario certified the following (EMR) vendors for access to OLIS data for clinical use: PS Suite EMR local, Nightingale On-Demand ASP, PS Suite EMR ASP, Med Access EMR, Nightingale On-Demand Local, Accuro EMR Local, Accuro EMR ASP, OSCAR, Clinic Information System, Indivicare, AbelMED, EMR Advantage, YMS, GlobeMed Local, GlobeMed ASP and YES EMR. The vendors completed conformance testing and are making OLIS data available to their customers through their certified EMRs. Thus far, over 10,000 clinicians are successfully connected to OLIS through an EMR.
Health care organizations can currently access OLIS via an OntarioMD certified EMR for the purposes of clinical care. Organizations that do not qualify for either of these channels may qualify for OLIS access via our web application, eHealth Services (Lab).
- Reduces gaps in information as patients move between hospital, practitioner’s office (e.g. family physicians, specialists), home care and long-term care settings
- Improves integration and monitoring of laboratory history and treatment progress to support chronic disease management
- Reduces unnecessary laboratory tests due to greater availability and sharing of information
- Improves speed and access to laboratory test results by practitioners
- Improves access to information for improved decision-making at point of care
- Ensures comprehensive and complete laboratory test information
- Improves coordination of care between multiple practitioners and within health care teams
- Improves workflow and reduces dependency on paper-based systems
On December 2, 2015 Medical Laboratories was accredited with the highest laboratory standard as an ISO 15189 Plus laboratory. Accreditation to ISO 15189 by the Centre for Accreditation is a mark of excellence recognized around the world. It assesses the ability of a facility to perform medical testing or the collection of specimens with formal recognition of this competence through accreditation. MLW adheres to all quality standards to ensure the best possible patient care.
We thank you for your continued support as we work together to meet the challenges of the future giving the best quality results to our patients.
For updated information, https://medlabsofwindsor.com/olis/