Your healthcare provider will order tests for you by giving you a Ministry of Health (MOH) Requisition. To avoid delays on the day of test, ensure that you bring your completed MOH form along with your health card.
1. MOH Requisition Form
A valid and completed Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care Laboratory Requisition form for the tests ordered by your doctor. Present this form to the medical laboratory assistant.
Things to keep in mind:
- Confirm that your full name, gender, date of birth, address and phone number are correct and complete on your form
- Note, requisitions are only valid for six months from the date signed by your doctor
- MLW will not accept requisition that are not signed by a doctor
- MLW will not accept requisition forms issued by hospitals
2. Valid Health Card
Bring your valid provincial health card each time you visit.
- Although most routine tests are covered under your provincial health insurance plan, some tests may not be covered.
- For your convenience, MLW accepts these payment types: cash, cheque, Visa, MasterCard and debit card.
Find out if your test requires any special preparation prior to testing
For your physician to accurately interpret your results, certain tests may require special preparation prior to procurement. Visit our Test Instruction Page to see if there are special instructions that must be followed prior to testing.
If you have lab testing and ECG testing
Your physician may order an ECG and blood work on the same requisition. The tests can be done together during one visit. MLW does have ECG testing available at designated locations. Our Book an Appointment Page has the location and hours of operation of our MLW sites that currently have ECG testing.