A “standing order” requests indicate the time interval and frequency of testing that the doctor has ordered for their patient without having to obtain a new requisition each time for testing.
- A fully completed and legible requisition as mandated by the MOH is required
- Testing can be daily, weekly or monthly etc. – the duration and frequency of testing must be clearly written on a OHIP requisition
- The duration of the order is not to exceed 6 months
- The patient will be informed at their last visit that their standing order has expired and they must submit a new requisition to resume testing
- “PRN” or as needed is NOT permitted